lunes, 9 de enero de 2012

Your Santiago

I moved to Santiago because of the university so I don't have much time living here. But in this two years, I really like this city but it have some things that I don't like for sure. Santiago is a very important city in Chile because of the high amount of people living here, nearly 6.000.000 inhabitants. I have never lived in a big city, I have always lived in medium sized cities of 140.000 inhabitants as the highest population. That is something I dont like it, I really miss the tranquility and the slow beat of the people in small cities. The other thing I dont like of Santiago is the high levels of contamination, due to the high amount of cars, buses and trucks driving 24/7 around the city. I remember the first month when I arrived to Santiago, I feel my hands with smog, even my cloths when I wash them the water was a little black because of it.
But not everything in this city is bad or evil. It have the best universities in Chile, like our university, and the quality of the universitary education is good. A lot of things are cheaper due to the high population too. This cheaper things are located in certain places around Santiago like the "Persa Bio-Bio" and you can always find there almost anything you want for half of the price. So is a good option for people that needs to be more restricted with their money. Another thing is the history of this city. It have a lot of places that are well known for being symbols of the battle for the independance of the country, and they are nice places to visit If you are a tourist.
About the future of Santiago, I would promote the use of ecological transports like the bikes or electric cars, because If we don't do anything to solve this problem this city will be more and more contaminated in a few years. If you are tourist I would recommend to visit The San Cristobal hill. There you can see all the city, and you will be able to look how big it is.

3 comentarios:

  1. that's incredible your post! "I remember the first month when I arrived to Santiago, I feel my hands with smog" because never I have felt smog in my hands, but sometimes especially with white clothes I have saw my clothes unclean for smog...means that I'm accustomed to it...that's bad!

    regards mario! see you!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. mario it awesome your opinion of santiago and i agree at one undreer percent!!!!! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I have always lived in Santiago and is impossible to get used to the excessive smog, is horrible!

    ResponderEliminar