miércoles, 1 de febrero de 2012

A piece of art - Remedios Varo

My favorite pinter is Remedios Varo. She was born in Spain in 1908 and died in México in 1963. She was interested in painting since she was a child.
The first time I saw one of her pieces was when I visited an art exposition in Valdivia in the university. They were promoting her work, and in the background I heard a song from Erick Satie, and old french composer of classical music. The work of both artist create an atmosphere that make me feel like I was in another world or dimension. Since that experience, i was really interested in the work of both artists. I like the feelings that produce me paints like "Tránsito en Espiral" painted in 1962, a castle with a road like a spiral.
The work of Remedios is the only one that calls to my attention. I can recognize when a painting belongs to Remedios, her way of express her ideas is unique, and I really appreciate that. When I’m a bit sad, I see some of their paintings and I really think there exist another dimension where the elements present in the paintings are real, and you could even dream about it. I honestly suggest that if you have the opportunity to see her work, you will not regret it. And if you could at the same time listen to the Gymnopédies of Satie, you will experience an amazing feeling of arriving somewhere but not here.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario