martes, 20 de diciembre de 2011

An Outdoor Activity you Enjoy Doing

The bycicle is my favorite way to move around the city. I go to the university everyday in my bike, and If I must do something outside, almost anything, I try to go there in my bike too. I use my bike to go to class everyday because I hate the public transport in every possible way, and I dont like to spend my money in that crap.
I go to different places around Santiago the weekends with a group of friends who share the same interest in bikes, specifically the type of mountain bike called "Cross Country". This type of mountain bike requires the development of some technical skills with the bike, that will be naturally required in the mountain roads. That makes it interesting. Its not just ride your bike like the way you do in the city, you must know how to jump and avoid several obstacles up there in the mountains and hills with some funny techniques.
About crashes, a lot. You are always having some accidents and falls, the most dangerous fall I have ever had was about 3 years ago when I was going down a hill called "Cerro Grande" in La Serena. After jump a ramp, the front wheel collapsed and then I hit a tree. I lost the awareness and take a lot of scratches in my arms and legs. Anyways, I still love this sport and its great to go every weekend with friends to some hills with our bikes, and have some awesome moments.
Check www.bikemontt.com to know more about this sport! and If you can, join us!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario